College Mid Terms- No Stress
Mid terms Spring 2017 are quickly approaching! Spring Break is waiting! Here are 10 FREE TIPS for you as you move into full study mode:
1. Think long-term. Plan ahead. Organize your time wisely. Do a little work (or a lot) of work each day, starting now.
2. Plan to conserve time by putting down your phone. Friends will be there when you are finished.
3. Take breaks. Your brain needs them.
4. SLEEP. SLEEP. SLEEP whenever you feel the urge and make yourself get quality sleep at night. With good time management, this should be easier done than said.
5. EAT GREEN. Nutrient density is crucial for alertness and energy. Watch the sugar intake.
6. Do something fun. Don't hide in the library for hours on end. Go fishing. Bake. Listen to music. Hang in a hammock. Sunbathe. Shop.
7. Be physical several times a day: go for a walk, run, or swim. Dance. Do yoga. Go take a Barre class. Go for a bike ride.
8. BREATHE- from your belly button. Put two fingers on your belly button (like you are feeling a pulse) and keep them there are you inhale a deep, long breath that travels to your fingers. Do this several times a day.
9. Get a massage. If it is not in your budget and your campus does not provide them, simply rub your skin with a towel or soft brush while in the shower or in a bath to increase blood flow.
10. Tell yourself over and over and over that you are almost done with mid terms. Look forward to the fun you will have on your break. Pamper that mental part of yourself.
BONUS TIP: Don't forget to be social. Laugh. Act goofy. Go get fro-yo. Gather some friends for an off-campus outing. Call your parents or other family members. Watch a movie (not "movies" though because of time) with some friends.
Leave a Reply.