Sent with Mixmax
Getting focused on anything needs to start with simple. Want to be organized and focused when you return to campus? Try putting into place these five simple practices:
1. Clean and organize your space. Your dorm room, your apartment, your suite. Maybe re-arrange some things to make more room or allow for more sunlight.
2. Establish a healthy and productive schedule right off the bat and stick to it. Create your schedule around your class times. Include study times, sleep, eating, exercising, socializing, and anything else that is important for creating a healthy balance on campus.
3. Write out and display your semester goals. If the includes something like join a club, start a study group, get a 3.5 - write those out and post them where you will see them multiple times a day. Sticky notes and dry erase boards are good for this. If you're feeling extra, make a vision board.
4. Minimize your distractions and create a new habit of freeing up "space". Start noticing how much unproductive time you have watching Netflix, scrolling social media and watching You Tube videos. Make a conscious effort to minimize this somewhat wasted time.
5. Take care of administrative things as soon as you return to campus. Be aware of deadlines. Make good use of campus schedules. Signups. Returns. Registering. All of things that will be need attended to at some point in the semester.
These are easy things to do to assure a stress-free semester. Staying ahead, being proactive, and creating new habits of productivity will only help you in late April, early May.